To promote gardening at a community level, to educate, create and encourage community involvement for the betterment of the community, while providing members with the joys of gardening organically.
Let’s Get Growing in 2021!
So you’ve just cleaned up your plot(s) and are waiting for all those seed catalogs to arrive so you can plan next year’s harvest.
Don’t forget you need to renew your plot(s) for 2021!! If we don’t hear from you by February 28, 2021 your plot will be sold to a gardener on the Wait List. Don’t delay!!
Please be aware that there won’t be an annual in-person meeting held in January like we’ve done in the past. Renewals will have to depend on the USPS this year….
The renewal package can be found here: 2021 Renewal Pkg
In four easy steps you can get this taken care of:
- Print, fill out the form (Page 1) and sign it.
- Print out, read and sign the liability waiver (Page 2).
- Write a check for your plot fees.
- Put everything (1,2, and 3) in an envelope and mail it to Noreen Butano
Don’t forget to re-read the Rules also provided in the package. Be sure you are aware of any changes. (Hint: none of the rules changed!)
The Greene Acres Community Garden Board is looking forward to having you garden with us for another season. Thank goodness gardening is okay to do in a pandemic!
Thank you to our generous Donors!
Click here to see the list!
OSU Extension Master Gardeners have provided Greene Acres with a Garden Journal containing a monthly to-do list. Click here to see what’s on the list for each month of the growing season.
Feel free to water with our rain barrel! Don’t drink or wash hands with it but it’s fine to water your plot!!
Be sure to check back often for more updates from Greene Acres Community Organic Garden!
In 2020 please consider giving any extra produce to those in need. Think you’re up to speed on community hunger issues? Check out this article!
PAR = “Plant a Row” Here’s a link for more valuable info on feeding the hungry. Plant A Row
How many pounds do you think you’ll be able to contribute from your plot?
Food for thought: You could grow one plant in your plot for donation purposes only!
In 2019 we donated almost 400 lbs of produce from our garden! Thank you for your kind donations to the local food bank!
Here are the latest notes from our master gardener mentor!
- Please submit any suggestions for future quarterly meeting educational topics here.
- Important RAIN BARREL notice: Do NOT drink this water or wash your hands with it! It is NON-POTABLE! It may contain harmful bacteria that could be hazardous to your health! Use the fresh water from the hoses for these purposes.
- Are you a “novice” gardener? Just learning the ropes? Feel free to reach out to Jo Ann Bartsch, who, as a Master Gardener, is our “mentor” at Greene Acres via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Click here here for some information on beginning your career as a vegetable gardener!
- Are you thinking about your garden just as much as we are? Click here for some great tips on planning your garden this year, courtesy of Jo Ann.