Our Mission: To promote gardening at a community level, to educate, create and encourage community involvement for the betterment of the community, while providing members with the joys of gardening organically.
Time for 2018 Plot Renewals!
Join us for our first garden meeting of 2018 on Saturday, February 3rd at 10:00AM in the Broadview Hts. City Council Chambers. Renew your plots for 2018! Garden rules and work group updates! Meet fellow gardeners in our community! Free seeds! A presentation by our Master Gardener Mentor on what new vegetables, or flowers, we might grow in our plots this season! A discussion of what we grew new last year!
We will also discuss several workgroup leader roles that need to be filled to make 2018 a success.
At the meeting we are asking each plotholder to complete a survey about the garden. Your input will help us keep the garden going strong for another growing season. If you can’t attend the meeting, download the survey here and email it using the contact form on the web page.
Please bring canned goods on February 3 to donate to the Broadview Hts. food pantry so we can continue to help families in need throughout the winter months. We hope to see all of you on February 3rd!
Note: The deadline for plot renewal is February 28th! If you are unable to renew your plot at the February 3 meeting, you can download the registration packet here and mail in your plot fee. If we do not hear from you by February 28, your plot will be reassigned to a gardener on the wait list.
Check Out Our Photo Gallery! Great things happen at Greene Acres Organic Community Garden!
Please “Like” our Facebook Page!
In 2018 please consider giving any extra produce to those in need. Think you’re up to speed on community hunger issues? Check out this article to expand your awareness!
How many pounds do you think you’ll be able to contribute from your plot?
Food for thought: You could grow one plant in your plot for donation purposes only!
In 2017 we donated 460 lbs of produce from our garden! Thank you for your kind donations to the local food bank!
Here are the latest notes from our master gardener mentor!
- OSU Extension Master Gardeners have provided Greene Acres with a Garden Journal containing a monthly to-do list. Click here to see what’s on the list for each month of the 2018 season.
- Please submit any suggestions for future quarterly meeting educational topics here.
- Important RAIN BARREL notice: Do NOT drink this water or wash your hands with it! It is NON-POTABLE! It may contain harmful bacteria that could be hazardous to your health! Use the fresh water from the hoses for these purposes.
- Are you a “novice” gardener? Just learning the ropes? Feel free to reach out to Jo Ann Bartsch, who, as a Master Gardener, is our “mentor” at Greene Acres via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Click here here for some information on beginning your career as a vegetable gardener!
- Are you thinking about your garden just as much as we are? Click here for some great tips on planning your garden this year, courtesy of Jo Ann.