Our Mission: To promote gardening at a community level, to educate, create and encourage community involvement for the betterment of the community, while providing members with the joys of gardening organically.
- OSU Extension Master Gardeners have provided Greene Acres with a Garden Journal containing a monthly to-do list. Click here to see what’s on the list for October.
- Are you thinking about your garden just as much as we are? Click here for some great tips on planning your garden this year, courtesy of Jo Ann.
- Common Gardening Mistakes
- Please read these important notes for our plotholders!
Check Out Our Photo Gallery! Great things happen at Greene Acres Organic Community Garden!
Please “Like” our Facebook Page!
In 2017 please consider giving any extra produce to those in need. Think you’re up to speed on community hunger issues? Check out this article to expand your awareness!
How many pounds do you think you’ll be able to contribute from your plot?
Food for thought: You could grow one plant in your plot for donation purposes only!
In 2016 we donated nearly 350 lbs of produce from our garden! Thank you for your kind donations to the local food bank!
Here are the latest notes from our master gardener!
- Here are some tips on getting started with food preservation!
- Please submit any suggestions for future quarterly meeting educational topics here.
- Important RAIN BARREL notice: Do NOT drink this water or wash your hands with it! It is NON-POTABLE! It may contain harmful bacteria that could be hazardous to your health! Use the fresh water from the hoses for these purposes.
- Are you a “novice” gardener? Just learning the ropes? Feel free to reach out to Jo Ann Bartsch, who, as a Master Gardener, is our “mentor” at Greene Acres via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- For any questions or for more information, email Mike Vantusko, Greene Acres President using the contact form.