Our Mission: To promote gardening at a community level, to educate, create and encourage community involvement for the betterment of the community, while providing members with the joys of gardening organically.
All gardens are filled at this time, but contact us to be added to the waiting list should one become available!
Join us Saturday, May 20 to relax and meet your fellow gardeners. Bring a snack to share, drinks will be provided!!
Our Next Community Work Day is June 2, 2018. Please try to come help tidy up our space! Your participation is GREATLY appreciated!!
Soil has arrived for your use!
Check Out Our Photo Gallery! Great things happen at Greene Acres Organic Community Garden!
Please “Like” our Facebook Page!
“5 Questions” featuring Steve, Plot #25
1. I love gardening because: “…I like getting outside and it’s cool to eat something you grew (or helped grow).
2. Last season my biggest gardening accomplishment was: “…my Black-eyed Susan flowers… my balcony doesn’t get much sun, but I had over 100 flowers!”
3. My biggest gardening goal for this year is: “…just successfully harvest some veggies (especially peppers) to eat.
4. My favorite garden center is: “…either Grace Brothers or Royal Victorian in North Royalton because they are both close to me, friendly staff…carry a lot of organic or OMRI rated products.”
5. When I was growing up I remember this about my parent’s/grandparent’s garden: “…the sheer variety my dad was growing…strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, potatoes, cucumbers…pretty much every veggie you could possibly grow in Ohio.”
Be sure to check back often for more updates from Greene Acres Community Organic Garden!
In 2018 please consider giving any extra produce to those in need. Think you’re up to speed on community hunger issues? Check out this article!
PAR = “Plant a Row” Here’s a link for more valuable info on feeding the hungry. Plant A Row
How many pounds do you think you’ll be able to contribute from your plot?
Food for thought: You could grow one plant in your plot for donation purposes only!
In 2017 we donated 460 lbs of produce from our garden! Thank you for your kind donations to the local food bank!
Here are the latest notes from our master gardener mentor!
- OSU Extension Master Gardeners have provided Greene Acres with a Garden Journal containing a monthly to-do list. Click here to see what’s on the list for each month of the 2018 season.
- Please submit any suggestions for future quarterly meeting educational topics here.
- Important RAIN BARREL notice: Do NOT drink this water or wash your hands with it! It is NON-POTABLE! It may contain harmful bacteria that could be hazardous to your health! Use the fresh water from the hoses for these purposes.
- Are you a “novice” gardener? Just learning the ropes? Feel free to reach out to Jo Ann Bartsch, who, as a Master Gardener, is our “mentor” at Greene Acres via email (email@example.com) with any questions. Click here here for some information on beginning your career as a vegetable gardener!
- Are you thinking about your garden just as much as we are? Click here for some great tips on planning your garden this year, courtesy of Jo Ann.